Saturday, August 27, 2016

Warmth & Cheer with Thoughtful Branches

I have had this black tree sitting on my craft table with the intention of creating a Halloween themed card but lacking any current Halloween stamps it hadn't happened.
So I sat down to play with it and had my new Warmth & Cheer designer series paper stack (in the Holiday Catalog) at hand and the tree looked like it wanted to be with the plaid in the stack and so this card was created.
 

The card base is Crumb Cake and the strip of paper over the plaid is Delightful Dijon embossed with the Petal Burst embossing folder.
 

 
The little bird from the Thoughtful Branches stamp set was stamped with Crumb Cake ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut out with coordinating die.  It looked a little bland so I highlighted the bird with the Delightful Dijon Stampin' Write Marker and also made a black dot for the eye.
I took some Linen Thread and created a "nest" and attached it with a couple of glue dots and then added the bird with a dimensional.


The banner uses the "thank you" from the Thoughtful Branches set along with the Banners for You stamp set and then cut out with the Bunch of Banners Framelits.
 
I love the colors on the card.  I am so ready for Fall!
 
 
 
Happy Stampin'-
 
 
DeAnn
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment