Thursday, August 25, 2016

Gift Card

I have had an idea in my head for a gift card and was planning to use the "I hope you feel appreciated..." stamp from the Thoughtful Branches set.
Then I saw a card on Stampin' Pretty and was inspired!
 
 
Here is the inside.
Love the addition of "because you are" with the Thank You.
 

I designed this card to put a tip in for my wonderful hair stylist and the lovely lady who does my pedicures, so I made it to fit cash.
 
Below is a picture of how to cut and score.
I started with a piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock cut at 6-1/2" x 8-1/2".
Scored at 3" and 6" along the 6-1/2" side.
On the end that is 2-1/2" cut down 3" on the score line and then over to remove that upper section.
Use the Project Life Corner punch to round the one edge and add a piece of tear and tape adhesive along the very bottom of that piece to create the pocket. If the tape is not against the very bottom edge then the cash will peek out the card just a little.
 
 
To create the leaves I stamped the leaf image from Thoughtful Branches in Crushed Curry then added some Always Artichoke and Rich Razzleberry with sponge daubers then stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I cleaned off my stamp and started over to create 4 leaves.
 

 I used a stamp from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to add some golden speckles with gold heat emboss powder.  Then used the coordinating die in the Thoughtful Branches bundle to cut out the leaves.
 
For the front of the card I cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock 6" x 2-1/2".
Using the splatter stamp from the Gorgeous Grunge set I stamped in Rich Razzleberry ink and also in Versa Mark and added the gold embossing powder.
I used a piece of Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate 1" x 6-1/2" and punched one end with the Banner punch.  I added adhesive just under the area I would be covering with the leaves and top banner.
The top banner is Rich Razzleberry 1" x 3-1/2" also punched on one end with the Banner punch and then the words are stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed in Gold.

 
I added some Gold Metallic Thread and then put the leaves on.  The top leaf is on a dimensional.
To finish it up I added some gold sequins.
The fourth leaf is used on the inside along with a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock cut at 1x 3-3/4" then punched at one end with the Banner punch.  The "because you are." is stamped in Rich Razzleberry ink and the "thank you" is heat embossed in gold.
 
 
 
 
Happy Stampin'-
 
 
DeAnn
 
 
 
 


1 comment: