Monday, February 2, 2015

Sheltering Tree - Four Seasons

Finally got a chance to play with the Sheltering Tree stamp set.
This was one of my favorites from the Occasions Catalog and the first stamp set I received was defective so had to wait for a replacement.
 
These are the only cards I have made so far with this set and my first attempt.
 
 

 


The tree is stamped with black stazon.
The red glimmer paper heart was made using the heart in the Owl Builder punch.

I used Chocolate Chip for this tree trunk.  I think it is too dark.
 
Tried Baked Brown Sugar on the following two and like it much better.


 
I look forward to playing with this set more!
 
 
Happy Stampin'-
 
 
DeAnn
 
 
P.S.
 
Just had to share another quilt:
 
 
 This is a shop sample I made for a local quilt shop that I work part time at.
Just saw it today quilted and it is so cute.
The fabric is Somerset by Fig Tree & Co. for Moda.
 
Thanks for looking!
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your four season's made with Sheltering Tree. I found it on Pinterest and it was my favorite. I'm making a picture with this stamp for my cousins cancer fundraiser and love the colors you used. Do you mind sharing what colors you used on the different leaves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't remember the colors for sure but on the fall tree I think it is Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry, for the Summer tree I think it looks like Wild Wasabi and the Spring tree looks like Rose Red and Pear Pizzazz.

      Delete
  2. Hi
    I'd like to try to make the same cards. Thanks for sharing. Could you give the different colors you use please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I'd like to try to make the same cards. Thanks for sharing. Could you give the different colors you use please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested to find out the colors you used in the trees as well, please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get the sheltering tree from? Is it and embossing folder or a stamp?? And where can I get this tree??

    ReplyDelete