Thursday, February 21, 2013

Elegant Bird Made Smaller

In my last post I shared a card that used the Elegant Bird die and I wanted to show you how I made the bird smaller.
 
I love this die but the bird is really big and just takes over a card so this is an easy fix to make the bird more card friendly.
 

First cut out your bird and wing using the Elegant Bird Die.
 


Cut the bird in two pieces, not in the center but a little more toward the tail end, as seen in above photo.
 

Then adhere the pieces back together overlapping evenly at the top edge appox 3/4".
Above picture is the front view of this and below is what it looks like from the back.
 




Trim off the bottom area to even things out, as seen in above photo.
 
 


Now to trim down the wing.  Using the Extra-Large Oval punch insert the wing as seen above.
 


Run through the Big Shot with an embossing folder.  This helps hide the line where it was put back together again.
Here I used the Fancy Fan folder.
 

 
Attach the wing with a couple of Stampin' Dimensionals.
This bird measures about 4-3/4" from beak to tail feather.
 
I have a card to share using this bird and will post it tomorrow.
 
 
 
Happy Stampin'-
 
 
DeAnn
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment