Monday, January 7, 2013

Chalkboard Art Cards

I have been seeing some faux chalkboard art cards and gave it a try.
To keep it simple I picked a stamp set, From My Heart, that would easily work for the look.
 
To create the look stamp your image with Whisper White Craft ink on Basic Black card stock and heat emboss with White embossing powder.

 
To add the look of erased chalk use a stamping sponge and dab on the White craft ink pad and rub on the black card stock.
Use a white watercolor pencil to draw a border or even add more doodles.

I added a "wooden" frame to my chalkboard using Soft Suede card stock stamped with the Woodgrain background stamp and Chocolate chip classic ink.  Then sponged Soft Suede ink on the frame pieces.

On this "chalkboard" I added pink highlights with a pink watercolor pencil.
 
Will have to give this some more work and try some other things but happy with how these turned out overall.  I think they look better in person than a photo.
 
 
Happy Stampin'-
 
DeAnn
 


No comments:

Post a Comment