Sunday, December 23, 2012

Vintage Sheet Music Ornaments

 
Making these ornaments took a little time but it was easy.
I just cut up vintage sheet music in approximately 1/4" strips.  Wound 3 or 4 strips at a time around a pencil to make a tight coil and fit into the opening of the glass ornament.  After inside they opened up to fill up the ball.  I just kept adding them until it looked good.   I made special care on the one above to make sure the words "Christmas music" showed up. 
On top I tied a full bow (6 loops) of Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon that I had dampened with water and crumpled up to make it look vintage.  To dry the ribbon quickly I use the Heat Tool.

 
I have them in a bowl sitting on top of the piano and of course, I have the special "Christmas music" one sitting out in the garland.  Love it!
 
 
Happy Stampin'-
 
DeAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment