Friday, January 6, 2012

Edgelits and Framelits Holder



This was one of those happy accidents. I was making a roll-up holder for stamping supplies(scissors, adhesive, etc.) but was not happy with how it was rolling up and stuff not staying put well. Anyway, I had just received my order of fun new stuff from the Occasions Mini Catalog and was wondering where I would store the new Edglits and Framlits, they do come in nice plastic cases, but I wanted a place they would always be so I could find them. They fit perfectly in the holder so I made the pockets to fit them. Was so glad there was enough space to keep the Adorning Accents textured impressions embossing folders right next to the matching edgelits dies! I almost feel a little bit organized.


To make:

cut 1 fabric and 1 wool felt, 16" x 7-3/4"

cut 1 fabric for pocket, 16" x 8"


Fold fabric for pocket in half so that it is 16" x 4 " and press fold.

Place pocket piece on wool felt piece (can baste in place). On the right side place a piece of ribbon (I used 28", folded in the center) pin in place and then place the right side of the outer fabric piece down on top of it all, pin and sew 1/4" seam all around leaving an opening to turn (I left my opening on the bottom about 4"), trim corners to reduce bulk then turn right sides out, press, stitch the opening closed, topstitch 1/4" around. Create pockets by stitching up from the bottom of the holder to the top of the pocket piece. (The two large pocket are 6" and the last is what was left).


Hope that makes sence as I didn't take any photos when I was making it.


Happy Sewin'-


DeAnn

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I wish I could make one, but I can sew....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea for storage...thanks for sharing!!!! Love your blog

    ReplyDelete