Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sounding Joy Tree Topper

I saw this tree topper idea in a magazine and thought I would try making one. I really love how it turned out.
I didn't take many pictures while I was making this but will share what I did do.

First I cut a piece of cardboard with the Circles #2 die (the largest on on there, #114526). Then I cut 2"x3" pieces of the First Edition Specialty paper (I used 26, #121878) and rolled them into a cone shape and stapled the botton to hold them. With a hot glue gun I started adding them around the cardboard circle on the outer edge and then added another layer on top of that in just a little from the outside layer. You can see how I staggered them with the top layer filling in the gaps left in the bottom layer.



You can see that I covered the cardboard circle with a piece of First Edition paper, pierced a hole through the center of the cardboard to add a wire loop. I hot glued the wire on the other side that would be covered with the embellishment.


Using the Tea Stain vintage ink spot from the Distressing Essentials Kit (118762), I rubbed it over the paper cones and the star in the center to give them an aged apperance.

To create the center medallion I used a piece of Silver Glimmer paper (1-1/2" x 12") and scored it every 1/2" using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334). Adhered the two ends together to create a medallion. For the star I used The Sounding Joy (121967 or 121979) stamp set and stamped the star shaped words with Crumb Cake on Very Vanilla card stock then stamped the "Let Earth Receive Her King" with VersaMark ink and Pewter Emboss Powder (124114). I cut the image out following the star shape of the words then hot glued it to the center.

It doesn't show in the photo, but I did spray the whole thing with Champagne Mist shimmer paint (116806) mixed with rubbing alcohol.

Happy Stampin-


DeAnn











No comments:

Post a Comment