Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Thought I had better post something for the New Year! I couldn't think of any great ideas....so this is what I came up with......





I used the new Framed Tulips embossing folder on Confetti White card stock. Stamped the flourish from Style Beautiful in Basic Grey. I spritzed the card with Silver Foil Smooch Spritz. Then I used the only "Happy New Years" stamp that I had from Teeny Tiny Wishes and embossed in silver, punched out with the Word window punch and backed that with Brushed Silver card stock punched out with the Modern Label punch.


OK, I am not thrilled with this card at all so I rip off the sentiment in the center, add some black satin ribbon squiggled accross the card, use the "Life is Beautiful" from the Style Beautiful stamp set, punched out with the Extra Large Oval and some Platinum Shimmer Paint around the edges.......liking this better.


But wait......it needs something else............a little bling! So I added a couple of Rhinestones. Done!

Now it is no longer a "New Years" card but I think the sentiment still works.

Hope that your life this year will be beautiful!

Happy Stampin'-
DeAnn




No comments:

Post a Comment