Sunday, April 11, 2010

Two-Step Bird Punch



I have been playing with the two-step bird punch and lovin' it.

The card on the left I punched the bird out in black for a silhouette look. I brayered on glossy cardstock in So Saffron, More Mustard, and Really Rust for a sunset look and then stamped in black the grass from the Inspired by Nature stamp set. This card was inspired by Michelle Zindorf who does the most amazing work with a brayer.

The little 3x3 card in the middle was done using the negative of the punch as a stencil.

The card on the right I punched out the bird body in So Saffron, the wings and branch in Close to Cocoa and the leaves in Old Olive. I sponged the edges of the pieces in their corresponding ink colors and used stampin' dimensionals to layer the bird body and wings. The background paper is from the designer series paper Shades of Spring in the Occasions Mini Catalog.


The Two-Step Bird Punch (#117191) is available through April 30 from the Occasions Mini Catalog.
Remember you can shop 24/7 at my website: www.stampinontheprairie.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment